Interior decorating the home can be somewhat an overwhelming prospect. There are plenty of remarkable details to take into consideration. Also, there are countless possible ideas for interior decorating which you could come up with. A major issue is knowing where to begin. Of course, you can ask for the help of a professional Interior Decorator to save yourself from all the bother. However, you will surely miss out the enjoyable part of decorating your home by yourself and in marking your home with your own character. It is important that the interior design of your home should be a reflection of your personality. Take note that without the personal touch; even the most excellent arrangement in the whole wide world will fall short. It is also essential to give a lot of consideration to things such as ambiance, functionality, comfort and safety when doing home decoration. An overall plan should be developed before you begin.
Listed below are some questions you can ask to yourself:
• What is your financial plan?
• Will you be doing the whole house or just a single room?
• What will the rooms to be used for?
• Who will use the rooms?
• Have you take into consideration the storage space you will need?
• What type of effect do you like to have?
• Is there any specific look you want to have?
• What is your individual style?
• Do you wish to have an interior with low maintenance or can you deal with a high maintenance interior?
• Will you require special concessions or take special care of kids or pets?
• Can you manage to recycle or rearrange old furniture or do you have to buy new furniture?
• Will you be able to put all the different bits and pieces you have around the house in order to have some useful or innovative purpose? For instance, making a lamp out of an old vase or other stuffs.
• Are you collecting shells, crystal ware, books, musical instruments, dolls, ornaments and many more? If so, where and how will you exhibit them according to their best advantage?
Once you have created sufficient ideas about all these, you can already move on to other concerns of home décor.
• What is the floor plan? You can get this by measuring the whole living area including the cupboards, windows, doors and many more.
• What kind of color or colors do you like and according to what combinations? Would you like to have something relaxing and harmonious? Or do you want to make a daring statement?
• What type of textures, special effects and patterns you wish to have? You try to think out of the box. Try also collecting photographs, fabric samples, color samples and more. There are a lot of various sources from which you can get tips and inspiration when you decorate the home. Combine, complement and rearrange your ideas and take the time before you decide to choose on the right combination for you.
• Do you wish to have a special theme?
• What type of lighting arrangements will you be having? There is a huge assortment of lights and light appliances available which you can choose from. Usually, most people install bright lighting in the bathrooms as well as in the kitchens. They also opt for softer lighting in other areas of the living room. Moreover, you can use special illumination in order to emphasize your collection displays.
• Do you want to have floor tiles and if so, what type of floor tiles would these be? Also, what kind of curtains, bed covers, bathroom tiles and fittings, sofa covers, furniture and wall fittings you wish to have?
If you want to have a certain look, you need to make sure that both accessories and furnishings will solidify with the theme. You may have a single theme for the whole house or you opt for different themes. For my part, I would go for various themes. It could be enjoyable to say to guests, “So, do you want to stay on the Pacific Island or in the Serengeti, or do you wish to take a nap in the Sixteenth Century England?” Alternatively, it might be a good idea to consider these ideas for home decorating first since you will be the one to clean up the Serengeti, Old England and the Island.
One important thing to bear in mind is that everything does not need to be done right and proper at the same time. Try developing your interior setting in a gradual manner.