In making a house or a home, you have to make sure that the exterior of the house is comparable with the interiors. A very good way of making sure that your house will appear attractive from the outside is do landscaping at the front area of the house. A garden which has a well-designed landscape together with a beautiful fence will surely enhance the exterior of your home. Take note that proper maintenance as well as upkeep are very important especially when you plan to landscape the front yard. The front yard or a landscaped garden must serve as reflection of the interiors of the house. To create more attention in the garden, adding water with features like the fountain or tiny structures similar to a bird bath or bird house can be a good idea. Keep on reading as landscaping ideas for the front of the house will be discussed.
Simple Ideas for Landscaping
Before you begin with your landscaping plan for the front yard, you have to keep in mind several things. The first thing which guests and passersby will take notice as they enter your house is a landscaped garden or front yard. Hence, you have to make sure that it is both relaxing and inviting at the same time. Moreover, the architectural style of the house should have relevance on the kind of landscape you will have. Very simple and rustic landscaping can be done in a cottage style house. It may also look remarkable with bamboo or wood fencing and plenty of colorful flower beds. Alternatively, if the house is built in a modern style using glass and chrome, it will look extremely attractive with water elements like fountains and rock garden. Listed below are several ideas for landscaping the yard or garden.
• Planting trees, shrubs and flowers is one of the excellent ideas of landscaping the front of the house. Since the height and the structure have an impact on the overall exterior of the house, it is very essential to select the right ornamental trees, bushes and shrubs for landscaping.
• Rather than planting bushes, shrubs and trees in a random manner, it is a good idea to draw up a plan for landscaping the house. This will give you a clear idea of how the completed landscaped project will look like.
• When you design your front yard, make sure that the placement of shrubs, bushes and trees for landscaping will showcase the front of the house such as the driveway or doorway.
• Furthermore, shrubs should be planted in such a way that they appear balanced and harmonious. A balanced landscape would mean that plants, bushes and trees on either side of the house are equal in number. Visualize how uneven and asymmetrical the landscape would appear if more number of trees and shrubs are present on one side while the other side is totally barren. It is important to take note of this design principle when you consider ideas for landscaping of the front yard.
• Choosing a special feature like a sundial or a birdhouse, a fountain or a graceful sculpture is another good idea for landscaping for the front area of the house. Such features give visual interest to the house and can make it more appealing to the eyes.
• For a house with a country-style, you may have a beautiful lattice work for the gate and fence. This kind of pattern for fencing is appropriate for a garden with an informal design.
• It would also be quite attractive to have stone sidewalks from the entrance of the house to the gate. There are lots of natural stones to choose from such as small pebbles, crushed granite, slate and river washed stones.
• For a modern home, a Zen garden will work out quite magnificently with the house’ clean lines. You may also choose for flagstone pavers which are placed irregularly in order to form a path beginning at the front door to the side of the house.
• Another remarkable idea for landscaping the front yard is to plant flower beds with flowers in 2 to 3 contrasting colors.
• In accentuating the space between the lawn and flower beds, use stacked flagstones as edging. In order to create a unique edging, make use of bricks or cobblestones.
• Finally, always bear in mind to put up an outdoor lighting in the front yard so that the pathway is illuminated. Landscape lighting with low voltage can have a big difference to the landscape. It also provides both safety and security of your house.
What you have read was all about ideas for landscaping of the front portion of the house. With the proper landscaping designs, it is easy to make the front of the house appear welcoming to visitors.